- Standard 22 Retrofit Gyro Compass
- Gyro Compass Systems / Repeater Compasses
For retrofitting an old gyro compass with the Standard 22 Gyro Compass, Raytheon Anschütz offers a series of universal course converters: serial/360° synchro converter, serial/universal synchro converter and serial/universal step converter. These converters enable to retain existing equipment and can be used to replace virtually all available gyro compasses in the market.
The gyro compass retrofit solution is a cost-efficient way to benefit from the latest gyro compass technology of Standard 22. The Standard 22 Gyro Compass ensures highest accuracy and maximum reliability under all environmental conditions. Operational safety was dramatically increased due to a patented data transmission technology that completely replaces the use of slip rings. Combining proven technology and long maintenance periods with most advanced features, the Standard 22 Gyro Compass is a long time secure investment with lowest operation costs and thus, a very cost-efficient retrofit solution. The following course converters are offered for individual gyro compass retrofit solutions:
- Serial/360° Synchro Converter
The serial/360° synchro converter converts serial heading information (NMEA or course bus) into a coarse synchro output (360°, compatible to 11 CX synchro) and can be used to connect NautoCourse® or old autopilots to new gyro compasses.
- Serial/Universal Synchro Converter
The serial/universal synchro converter converts serial heading information (NMEA or course bus) into various synchro signals. It is used when an old gyro compass with synchro output is replaced with a new Standard 22 gyro compass to keep the existing equipment with synchro input.
- Serial/Universal Step Converter
The serial/universal step converter converts serial heading information (NMEA or course bus) into step (6step / degree) signals. It is used when an old gyro compass with step output is replaced with a new Standard 22 gyro compass to keep the existing equipment with step input. It can be alternatively used as a step booster.
Facts & Features
- Cost-efficient replacement of any old gyro compass
- Existing equipment and cabling can be used
- Short installation time reduced installation efforts
- High accuracy of 0.1 degrees
- Automatic speed / latitude error correction and a dynamic error correction
- Quick settling mode (option)
- Wide range of accessories
- Low lifecycle costs due to maximum performance, reliability and long maintenance intervals
- Standard 22 and converters are IMO, wheelmark and high-speed craft certified
- Perfect solution for service organisations – nearly all available compasses in the market can be retrofit with only two different converters