- VHF, UHF & MF/HF Systems
Buoyant VHF/DSC Handheld with GPS
The IC-M91D is Icom’s first marine handheld VHF with integrated DSC/GPS giving you the facility to send and receive DSC calls. Like Icom’s next generation IC-M423 fixed mount VHF/DSC, the IC-M91D shares a new common user interface and noise cancelling technology that is unequalled in VHF models today. The IC-M91D also features Float’n Flash, so if the radio falls into the water, it will float on its back with the LCD, backlit keypad and distress button flashing, thus making the radio easier to retrieve in low light conditions.
Active Noise Cancelling Technology – Reduces background noise by up to 90%
The built-in bidirectional active noise cancelling reduces background noise to up to 90% and improves both your transmitted voice and incoming call. You will hear better and be heard better.
New Icom Marine Family User Interface provides simple operation
The new menu system provides easy and intuitive operation. The bottom line of the full dot-matrix display shows the software key functions which can be toggled with the left and right buttons. The directional keypad allows you to perform various operations and settings.
Built in DSC and GPS – Compliant to the latest ITU ad ETSI standards
The IC-M91D is Icom’s first marine handheld VHF with integrated DSC/GPS giving you the facility to send and receive DSC calls from your handheld.
The integrated GPS provides another important benefit. The waypoint/compass function allows the boat owner to steer their way to waypoints within a route. A Man Over Board (MOB) function allows you to record time and position of the MOB just in case the worst ever happened. These features, dependant on the size of your vessel, could provide a central or back up navigation tool.
700mW Loud Internal Speaker
The IC-M91D uses a BTL (bridge-tied load) amplifier that doubles the audio output. The large speaker delivers 700mW of loud and intelligible audio even in noisy environments.
Like its predecessors, the IC-M91D features Float’n Flash. What this means is if the radio falls into the water, it will float on its back with the LCD, backlit keypad and distress button flashing, thus making the radio easier to retrieve. The radio has IPX7 submersible protection. (1m depth for 30 minutes)
Click on the following link to find out how the float'n flash works on the Icom IC-M91D.
Li-Ion Battery Pack and Desktop Charger Supplied
The large capacity 1500mAh Li-Ion battery pack provides 8 hours of operating time. A desktop charger is supplied to charge the battery pack. * Typical operation with 5:5:90 duty ratio.
• Optional submersible HM-167 speaker-microphone
• 50 waypoint memories
• AquaQuake draining function
• Dual/Tri-Watch function for monitoring Ch. 16 and/or call channel
• Battery indicator shows remaining battery power in 4 levels
• Favourite channel function
- Icom’s first GPS Marine VHF/DSC Handheld!
- Built in DSC and GPS – Compliant to the latest ITU ad ETSI standards
- Active Noise Cancelling Technology – Reduces background noise by up to 90%
- High definition dot matrix display allows you to see all information clearly
- New Icom Marine Family User Interface provides simple operation. Rotary selector and directional keypad provide intuitive operation.
- Waypoint/MOB/compass function - an active tool for navigation.
- FLOAT’N FLASH - The LCD, backlight of the keypad and distress button will flash when IC-M91D comes into contact with water
- 700mW Loud Internal Speaker
- Waterproof construction equivalent to IPX7 (1m depth for 30 minutes)
- Aquaquake draining function provides clear audio
- Optional Speaker Microphone
- 3 Year Warranty