- EXPLORER 8100
- Communication Systems
Traditional vehicle mounted ‘Comms-On-The-Pause’ VSAT antennas can lose connection to the satellite with even the slightest movement of the vehicle on its suspension caused by high winds or people getting in and out. EXPLORER 8100 isn’t a traditional VSAT antenna.
With EXPLORER 8100 you can enjoy continuous connectivity services even if the vehicle rocks thanks to a new and unique ‘Dynamic Pointing Correction’ system. Using lessons learned from Cobham SATCOM’s maritime stabilized VSAT antennas, EXPLORER 8100 offers the most reliable connectivity available in its class.
EXPLORER 8100 is developed completely in-house by Cobham SATCOM. It features genuine EXPLORER design, which is already established and proven with Cobham SATCOM’s highly regarded EXPLORER BGAN and GX terminals.
It is designed to offer unparalleled Comms-On-The-Pause performance, ensuring high quality connectivity that is available even when other antennas would have lost their connection to the satellite. In the field, this means you can count on EXPLORER 8100 to provide you with vital communications whatever the conditions.
EXPLORER 8100 features industry-leading fast satellite acquisition with pointing achieved automatically in less than two minutes, making getting connected to a satellite a quick and easy process.
The system is available in both Ka- and Ku-band configurations and works with all major satellite networks. A swappable feed system allows users to change frequency bands, ensuring they have full choice of what services to use throughout the lifetime of the antenna.
EXPLORER 8100 comes with built-in Wi-Fi for easy access to the terminal and the same Web-based user-interface developed for Cobham SATCOM’s cutting edge Inmarsat GX series of antennas.
Once connected, EXPLORER 8100 provides high performance, continuous connectivity in the field, optimally supporting high definition video streaming, high throughput data transfer and tactical and emergency communication.
• A genuine EXPLORER Design
• Rugged, Reliable 1.0m Drive-Away Antenna
• Single Piece 1.0m Offset Feed Carbon Fiber Reflector for Multi-Band Ku/Ka Operation
• Built-in Wifi and a Web-based User Interface for easy PC and Smartphone Configuration
• Precision Polarization Drive in Ku-band configuration
• Harmonic Drive Gear systems
• Inclined orbit satellite tracking and Dynamic Pointing Correction
• Eutelsat Ka-band configuration includes3W transmit and receive integrated assembly (ViaSat eTRIA)
- Explorer 8100.pdf [308 KB]