What would you be doing?
You will install, service, and repair electronic equipment on board ships in Cyprus and abroad. This includes Radar, ECDIS, Satellite Communication equipment, HF and VHF Radios, GPS, Gyrocompass, Autopilot, Echo sounder, VSAT, TVRO etc.
You would be expected to work under limited supervision to:
- test, adjust, and troubleshoot electronic components, PCBs, sub-assemblies, and antennas using multi-meters, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzer, and other electronic test instruments, tools and equipment
- load, update, and modify software
- use your knowledge of radio frequencies (RF), electronic theory and circuitry to address a variety of technical problems
- make intelligent use of complex schematics, blueprints, and manuals to accurately achieve assignments
- perform radio inspections according to IMO and Class authorities
- install, test, configure, repair of VSAT and TVRO systems
- upon completing the assignment, you will create a detailed service report
- provide remote support customer/user support requests and provide assistance troubleshooting issues relating to our products including the integration thereof into a variety of VSAT and TVRO systems as well as IT networks
- A University degree in electrical engineering, or equivalent technical certificates
- At least 2 years previous experience with VSAT/TVRO systems, Navigation and Communication equipment
- Ability to communicate well in English (speaking and writing)
- Strong knowledge of electronics theory and application
- Experience in conducting GMDSS Radio Surveys
- Thorough knowledge of satellite communications principles
- Operational knowledge of iDirect and/or Comtech VSAT technology
- Experience in the installation and operation of VSATs, including antenna pointing, use of spectrum analyzer, and understanding of RF communications Willingness to travel often and on occasion to remote locations
- Experience in operation of satellite communication networks and network management systems, including broadband IP over satellite, TDMA
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to read schematics, diagrams, user manuals, technical manuals etc.
- Adaptability to changing situations
The below will be considered as a significant advantage:
- GMDSS General Operator license is considered an advantage
- Good understanding of UTM and Firewall products and their roles within the network.
- CCNA / CCNP Qualifications
- Netgear/HP/Cisco switch experience
- Aruba/Cisco/Netgear experience
- Microsoft MCP’s certificates
If you are looking to make your next career move send your CV to email@example.com